The Delaware County Board of Commissioners is currently seeking one member to appoint to the Delaware-Morrow Mental Health & Recovery Services Board. This Board consists of 14 members who each serve a four-year term. The Board of Commissioners is seeking to appoint one citizen member to fill an unexpired term that expires June 30, 2019.
As a member of the Delaware-Morrow Mental Health & Recovery Services Board, you will contribute to the development and future direction of this community-enhanced board.
The requirements and responsibilities of a board member include:
• Resident of Delaware County;
• Interested in mental health, alcohol or drug addiction programs and facilities;
Serves as the local alcohol, drug addiction and mental health public authority and planning agency for Delaware and Morrow Counties;
Promotes, arranges and implements working agreements with social services agencies, both public and private;
Contracts with non-profit providers for treatment and prevention services;
Evaluates and monitors all programs and services under contractual commitments; and
Recruits and promotes local financial support from public and private resources.
Interested individuals can obtain a Board Appointment Application through the Delaware County Commissioners Office by:
• Picking up a Board Appointment application at 101 North Sandusky St., Delaware, OH 43015;
• Calling the Delaware County Commissioners Office at 740-833-2100 to have a Board Appointment application sent to you;
• Printing a Board Appointment Application from the Delaware County website at http://www.co.delaware.oh.us/hr/board/board.asp and completing it and faxing it to (740) 833-2099, or mailing it back to the address listed above.
Completed Board Appointment Applications must be returned to the Delaware County Commissioners Office no later than 4:30 p.m. on Dec. 13, 2016.