The City of Delaware is celebrating Independence Day with community events throughout the day Friday.
• 11 a.m.: Delaware 4th of July parade.
11 a.m. to noon – Pennsylvania Avenue east from the fairgrounds and Sandusky Street south through the downtown to Wilmer Street and Henry Street will be closed from 11 a.m. to noon during the parade. Henry Street between Wilmer and William streets will be closed from noon to 12:30 as the parade concludes.
• 4 p.m.: Ohio Machine versus the Chesapeake Bayhawks, Major League Lacrosse game, at Selby Stadium, Ohio Wesleyan
• 6-9 p.m.: Chalk It Up! Main Street Delaware’s First Friday downtown sidewalk chalk art competition
• 7:30 p.m. – Central Ohio Symphony’s Fourth of July concert, at Phillips Glen, Ohio Wesleyan. Henry Street, north of Wilmer Street, will be open both north and southbound until the Central Ohio Symphony concert begins at 7:30 p.m. Henry Street southbound lanes will close at William Street at 7:30 p.m; Henry Street northbound lanes from Selby Stadium will remain open. No parking is permitted on Armstrong Road.
• 10 p.m. – Fireworks. Henry Street between Olentangy and Wilmer streets will close from 6 p.m. to the conclusion of the fireworks for preparation and viewing. No parking is permitted on Armstrong Road.
• Selby Stadium will be open for Ohio Machine parking only (season ticket holders).
• Phillips Hall will be open for handicap parking for Ohio Machine ticket holders and Central Ohio Symphony concertgoers.
• Lots at the Schimmel/Conrades Science Center, Meek Aquatics and Recreation Center, and Margaret Sagan Field will be closed all day Friday for fireworks preparation and viewing.
• Food trucks will be located on Hayes Street and open until a half hour after fireworks.
• Portable toilets will be available outside Selby Stadium, on Hayes Street, outside the Meek Center and outside Margaret Sagan Field for public use.