How often do you fall into the rabbit hole of saying “I’ll just watch this one episode of [insert show here] on [insert streaming subscription here]” and before you know it, 4 hours have passed and you’re now just a few episodes away from finishing an entire season?
My friends, you might be a “binge watcher.” It’s OK. There’s nothing to worry about. In fact, sometimes a little binge watching can be quite a fun experience. Coming soon to the Delaware County District Library shelves is a “Binge Box” option. These boxes are a collection of DVDs on a particular theme that a patron can check out as a whole.
Craftily titled things like “Origins” or “So Bad It’s Good,” the boxes present the lucky patron who checks them out with anywhere from three to nine related movie titles worthy of a good binge. The “Origins” box contains movies that are all about superhero origin stories.
Films included would be “Man of Steele,” “Batman Begins,” “Ironman” and others. “So Bad It’s Good” includes bad movies that have gained their own cult following like “Sharknado,” “Anaconda” and “Manos, the Hands of Fate.”
Most immediately on our shelves, you’ll find film franchises like “Star Wars,” “Star Trek,” “Harry Potter,” “Hunger Games,” and “Lord of the Rings” that you can check out all at once. The collection will continue to grow, thanks to our dedicated reference staff.
If you have a suggestion of a “Binge Box” worthy collection email [email protected] with what titles you’d like to see bunched together and how they’re related.
Stop by the DVD section next time you’re in and see if any of the “Binge Boxes” pique your interest. You might be interested in some of the other new DVD titles we have on the shelf.
• Catfight. When two former college rivals attend the same glamorous event, things quickly get out of hand.
• Dog’s Purpose. A dog looks to discover his purpose in life over the course of several lifetimes and owners.
• Founder. The story of McDonald’s founder Ray Kroc.
• Gold. An unlikely pair venture to the Indonesian jungle in search of gold.
• Hidden Figures. A team of African-American women provide NASA with important mathematical data needed to launch the program’s first successful space missions.
• La La Land. A jazz pianist falls for an aspiring actress in Los Angeles.
• Lion. After getting lost on the streets of Calcutta as a five-year-old, thirty-year-old Saroo sets out to find his lost family.
• Underworld: Blood Wars. Vampire death dealer, Selene (Kate Beckinsale) fights to end the eternal war between the Lycan clan and the Vampire faction that betrayed her.
If you have a question that you would like to see answered in this column, mail it to Nicole Fowles, Delaware County District Library, 84 E. Winter St., Delaware, OH 43015, or call us at 740-362-3861. You can also email your questions by visiting the library’s web site at www.delawarelibrary.org or directly to Nicole at [email protected] No matter how you contact us, we’re always glad you asked!