Man pleads guilty to 2 child rape counts in western Ohio


TROY, Ohio (AP) — A man accused of sexually assaulting three youths 13 years old or younger has pleaded guilty to two rape counts in an agreement with prosecutors in western Ohio.

WHIO-TV reports (http://bit.ly/28Vczc0 ) that Thomas Contento pleaded guilty in Troy on Thursday. Prosecutors plan to recommend that the 49-year-old Troy man serve 18 years in prison. Contento had been accused of eight felony counts of raping three youths. Six counts were dismissed under the plea deal.

The judge told Contento he will be sentenced under the laws that were in place at the time the actions took place, between 2003 and 2005.

One of Contento’s attorneys said Friday that they will defer any comment until after the sentencing.

The judge is expected to sentence Contento in August and ordered a pre-sentence investigation.

___

Information from: WHIO-TV, http://www.whiotv.com

comments powered by Disqus