Ash Wednesday marks start of Lent
Bennett retires from Sunbury police
3,400 subs and salads to go
Orange trustees discuss leasing pool to YMCA
Bike plan, development on commission agenda
- Accused Delaware bank robber set for May trial - 3:00 pm
- Ash Wednesday marks start of Lent - 2:22 pm
- Village Academy student makes state Geography Bee - 2:09 pm
- Bennett retires from Sunbury police - 10:15 am
- 3,400 subs and salads to go - 10:11 am
- Preschool, home school programs available - 9:32 am
- Delaware County veterans protecting records - 9:00 am
- Orange trustees discuss leasing pool to YMCA - 7:00 am
- Bike plan, development on commission agenda - 8:00 pm
- Tested to withstand disasters - 7:00 pm
- POLICE BLOTTER - 4:42 pm
- Board approves construction contract reductions - 4:27 pm
- Delaware Council bans circuses from bringing exotic animals - 4:09 pm
- Committee allocates $150,000 for basketball courts - 4:04 pm
- Hayes student wins trip to Hollywood after creating PSA - 3:56 pm
- First Friday to ‘March for Art’ - 1:51 pm updated: 3:40 pm.
- Grant helps low-income students - 11:25 am
- Delaware County Sheriff introduces body cameras - 6:00 pm
- Former Delaware city judge Hoague indicted - 6:00 pm
- NEWS BRIEFS - 4:06 pm
- Delaware named a Tree City USA - 4:00 pm updated: 4:00 pm.
- Salvation Army selling camp, conference center - 11:30 am
- Saudi Arabia topic of discussion at next OWU event - 10:10 am
- PROPERTY TRANSFERS - 10:00 am
- Delaware Council revisits circus permit ordinance - 12:00 pm
Tested to withstand disasters
Shanahan Middle School teachers asked students to design and build a model house that could withstand the forces of a natural disaster.“They had...
Delaware police report:A suspicious vehicle was investigated in a parking lot on South Sandusky Street Monday just before 2 a.m. Police checked on the...
Board approves construction contract reductions
The Delaware City Schools Board of Education approved a number of staffing changes and a price reduction of more than $87,000 for ongoing construction...
Committee allocates $150,000 for basketball courts
The Delaware Community Coalition’s goal to have basketball courts near downtown is expected to come to fruition.The Delaware Recreation Levy Sub...
Hayes student wins trip to Hollywood after creating PSA
A senior at Delaware Hayes High School has won an all-expense paid trip to Hollywood after creating a public service announcement encouraging viewers ...
Area swimmers end season in style
Solid preliminary swims helped the Pacers reach the finals in all three events they qualified for … and they made the most of their time in the ...
Bishops fall in NCAC championship
Senior post Ben Simpson scored 14 of his 18 points in the second half to lead the Ohio Wesleyan men’s basketball team almost all the way back fr...
Scioto sidelines Hayes with 57-49 win
An hour and five minutes after the Delaware Hayes boys basketball team’s season ended with a 57-49 loss at Dublin Scioto in the first round of t...
Braves hold off Warriors in tourney opener
The third time was the charm for Olentangy.After losing to the Warriors twice by a combined four points in the regular season, the Braves made their f...
Pacers, Pioneers, Braves advance to district bowling tournament
Delaware Hayes, Orange and Olentangy posted top-10 finishes to highlight Friday’s Division I girls sectional bowling tournament at Sawmill Lanes...
Today in history
Today is Friday, Feb. 24, the 55th day of 2017. There are 310 days left in the year.Today’s Highlight in History:On Feb. 24, 1942, the SS Struma...
Today in history
Today is Monday, Feb. 20, the 51st day of 2017. There are 314 days left in the year. This is Presidents Day.Today’s Highlight in History:On Feb....
BW’s spring musical is ‘Annie’
It’s everyone’s favorite time of the year where Big Walnut High School Drama Program puts on their spring show. This year, it is performin...
FRIDAYEVENTSPerkins Observatory program, reservations recommended, 8 p.m., Perkins Observatory, 3199 U.S. 23. Cost: Door prices: $10 adults, $8 for ch...
Today in history
Today is Wednesday, Feb. 15, the 46th day of 2017. There are 319 days left in the year.Today’s Highlight in History:On Feb. 15, 1867, “On ...
Astronomy: The horse and his rider
As winter turns to spring, now is a great time to check out the Big Dipper and its most famous star. Look high in the west above Polaris, the North St...
Role playing game books at library
On Valentine’s Day, your Delaware County District Library showed our love by expanding our incredibly popular board game collection to now inclu...
Time for Congress to act on climate change
Recent news about the environment has been encouraging to me. First I read that Jimmy Carter has leased his land in Georgia for construction of solar ...
Judge column: Teacher, get thee a warrant?
“After the initial search, all justifications for examining the bag’s contents were fulfilled and no further justification existed to sear...
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: New strategy to address climate change
It is easy to get distracted by the daily news regarding the latest moves by the Trump administration.So you may not have heard about a group of eight...
Hare raising stories about celestial rabbits
In last week’s column about Lepus, the Hare, I promised to tell you how the rabbit got in the sky, and I will, eventually. However, most of the ...