A number of Delaware County students received National Merit Scholarships recently from the National Merit Scholarship Corp.
The students from Delaware County are:
• Spencer C. Channell, a Powell resident and student at Interlochen Arts Academy. Channell plans to study music composition and was awarded the National Merit Vanderbilt University Scholarship.
• Carson C. Geissler, a student at Delaware Hayes High School. Geissler hopes to study education and become a professor. He was given they National Merit College of Wooster Scholarship.
• Miles B. O’Flaherty, a student at Delaware Hayes High School. O’Flaherty hopes to study fine arts and was awarded the National Merit Oberlin College Scholarship.
• Austin N. Ellis, a student at Olentangy Orange High School. Ellis plans to study music and was awarded the National Merit Miami University Scholarship.
• Kaela M. Kunesh, a student at Olentangy Liberty High School. Kunesh was awarded the National Merit University of Kentucky Scholarship.
• Archanaa Lingan, a student at Dublin Scioto High School. Lingan plans to student international human rights and was awarded the National Merit University of Southern California Scholarship.
• Griffin E. Patterson, a student at Olentangy Liberty High School. Patterson plans to study law and was awarded the National Merit Vanderbilt University Scholarship.
The students were selected from a pool of more than 1.5 million high school juniors who entered the competition. The scholarships range in amount and can be used to pay for college.
The National Merit Scholarship Corp. reports about 7,500 students will be selected to receive scholarships.
Information for this story was provided by the National Merit Scholarship Corp.